Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Preparation Time
















I can't believe it is six days and counting! I keep packing and repacking my suitcase trying to get it the right weight and I am having no luck! I really want to take a bunch of books to a missionary friend I have in Chiang Mai that she asked for, but dadgumit if they don't weigh a ton! Being a passionate booklover myself I so want to bring these to her, so I just keep taking more stuff out. You guys won't mind seeing me in the same outfit everyday, will you? Ha!

I wanted to share some pictures from our preparations.
Two are from our Packing Party on the 9th. Tim and Joel were awesome about stuffing and stuffing the supplies into suitcases. Their big strong muscles were handy when we went to weigh the bags with our hanging scale! Also, poor Renee has so much makeup and hair stuff she wants to bring for her workshop, her suitcase weighed nearly 80 pounds the first time! Luckily we divided it all out and somehow got it to fit. I think she said she was bringing 700 lipsticks?!? She is also in charge of all the door prizes and treats in the seats. Due to so much generosity, we have almost too much to take!
Our worship leaders have also been busy practicing on Wednesday mornings. Today I got the privilege to sit in for a while with them while taking pictures. We are going to sing some great stuff! Mendy and Jennifer were sitting on the floor looking over the notes, while Debbie and Joel were belting them out. I'm so excited for you all to meet Joel and find out what an awesome man of God he is, yet funny as heck too! There will be a lot of laughing I think going on too!
I will write more in the next few days as our time draws so ever close!
O:)
Melissa










No comments: